Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwallin

Unknown device listed on some videos .

Jump to solution

My indoor roku smart camera is sending me notifications that it has recorded a video. When I click on the video it says unknown device at the top of the screen,and shows a still frame picture of a couch or something. The only options given are to delete the video,or switch to live feed. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unknown device listed on some videos .

Jump to solution

Hi @paulwallin @Sabell,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are glad to have you here reporting the issue with your Roku Smart Home app that is sending notifications but on the event recording it's just saying unknown device. No worries, I will be more than willing to assist you with this.

Before we continue, could you please tell us when did you start to experience the issue? Does it happen from all of your Roku Smart Home cameras? In the meantime, let's see if this will work for you. Try to uninstall the Roku Smart Home app and install it again. If the issue persists, try to do the next steps below.

Restart your Roku Camera:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
paulwallin

Indoor camera saying unknown device

Jump to solution

My indoor smart-home camera is sending me notifications that it has recorded a video.  When I click on the video it says unknown device and just shows a still frame. The only option is to delete the video, or switch to live feed. Does anyone know what this means?

0 Kudos
Sabell

Jump to solution

I had the same thing happen last night. My cameras were off. It also showed a blurry still photo of a couch with pillows and a coffee table. Very strange! 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @paulwallin @Sabell,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are glad to have you here reporting the issue with your Roku Smart Home app that is sending notifications but on the event recording it's just saying unknown device. No worries, I will be more than willing to assist you with this.

Before we continue, could you please tell us when did you start to experience the issue? Does it happen from all of your Roku Smart Home cameras? In the meantime, let's see if this will work for you. Try to uninstall the Roku Smart Home app and install it again. If the issue persists, try to do the next steps below.

Restart your Roku Camera:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.