Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADA17

Can not connect to my 2.4 wifi for my cameras

Jump to solution

I have indoor and outside cameras. I can not get none of them to connect to the wifi. I've called my wifi people and they have showed me how to split the wifi so it's a 2.4 but they still will not get pass the red light. Has never turned blue as in connecting.  What can I do? They are brand new. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can not connect to my 2.4 wifi for my cameras

Jump to solution

Hi @ADA17,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here sharing your issue about the Roku cameras that are not connecting to your internet service. No worries, we are more than happy to help.

Before we proceed, we would like to know how far is your router from your Roku cameras. In the meantime, I highly suggest you try the following.

Restart your smart cameras:

If you are restarting a Roku Indoor Camera SE or Roku Outdoor Wired Camera SE.

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

If you are restarting a Roku Outdoor Camera SE, use the following steps.

1. Open the charging port on the back of your camera
  2. Flip the power switch to the OFF position
  3. Wait 10 seconds
  4. Flip the power switch back to the ON position

If the issue persists, I highly suggest you restart the modem of your internet service, by unplugging it from the power source for only 10 seconds and plug it back. You need to wait until it loads before you try to connect your Roku Cameras again.

For more details, you can visit our Roku Support article on how to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can not connect to my 2.4 wifi for my cameras

Jump to solution

Hi @ADA17,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here sharing your issue about the Roku cameras that are not connecting to your internet service. No worries, we are more than happy to help.

Before we proceed, we would like to know how far is your router from your Roku cameras. In the meantime, I highly suggest you try the following.

Restart your smart cameras:

If you are restarting a Roku Indoor Camera SE or Roku Outdoor Wired Camera SE.

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

If you are restarting a Roku Outdoor Camera SE, use the following steps.

1. Open the charging port on the back of your camera
  2. Flip the power switch to the OFF position
  3. Wait 10 seconds
  4. Flip the power switch back to the ON position

If the issue persists, I highly suggest you restart the modem of your internet service, by unplugging it from the power source for only 10 seconds and plug it back. You need to wait until it loads before you try to connect your Roku Cameras again.

For more details, you can visit our Roku Support article on how to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.