Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyraexo

Camera help events not showing up for either camera

Jump to solution

I have two cameras; one on front door and other on the side door. I have an active subscription to record when motion etc is noticed or whatever sets it off. I noticed lately when I go to review later in the day or something that it only shows the current time til about maybe 3-4 hours or so prior and nothing before that. It's like that on everyday that's listed as well.  I know I come and go several times a day so it should pick up my car, mail person etc that would be picked up normally and it doesn't. What's going on

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera help events not showing up for either camera

Jump to solution

Hi @Alyraexo,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you even more regarding this issue that you had with the Roku cameras since the event recordings are not showing up. If event thumbnails are not being displayed, make sure motion detection is turned on for your Roku Smart Home cameras and doorbells. Motion detection is turned on and off independently for each camera and video doorbell.

Use the following steps to check that motion detection is turned on.

1. Open the Roku Smart Home mobile app.
  2. Tap Home from the navigation bar.
  3. Select the affected camera or doorbell.
  4. Tap Settings in the corner.
  5. Select Event recording.
  6. Toggle Detect motion, Motion detection, or Motion events to On.
  • Note: The motion recording setting name may be different based on your specific device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera help events not showing up for either camera

Jump to solution

Hi @Alyraexo,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you even more regarding this issue that you had with the Roku cameras since the event recordings are not showing up. If event thumbnails are not being displayed, make sure motion detection is turned on for your Roku Smart Home cameras and doorbells. Motion detection is turned on and off independently for each camera and video doorbell.

Use the following steps to check that motion detection is turned on.

1. Open the Roku Smart Home mobile app.
  2. Tap Home from the navigation bar.
  3. Select the affected camera or doorbell.
  4. Tap Settings in the corner.
  5. Select Event recording.
  6. Toggle Detect motion, Motion detection, or Motion events to On.
  • Note: The motion recording setting name may be different based on your specific device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.