Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

Cam Upload Failures - Still Not Fixed - 66% Failure Rate

Despite new firmware being pushed out twice since I bought my 4 Roku cams, the motion upload to my cloud subscription is still totally a **bleep**-shoot.

I took some time yesterday and reviewed 30 items uploaded to the cloud from my floodlight cam. 22 of the 30 failed to upload (only a still image appears and a click on the "help" icon confirms "Upload failed" allowing me to submit a log. Of the 8 clips that actually were successfully uploaded, 6 of them only played back a small part of the recorded motion. For example, a clip that was flagged as Person and Pet was 29 seconds long, but only 5 seconds of video was recorded. Another clip of 4m 17s only played back 9 seconds of video.

I've gone through the process of reinstalling the app, deleting and reinstalling the cams, moving and monitorinig my internet connection, and all the other suggestions found in this forum, but the simple fact is that the cams simply don't perform as advertised.

I clearly will not be renewing my cloud subscription. But to others who are also having this problem, be careful of turning off the auto-renew feature of the subscription feature - even if you have several months left of your subscription, turning off auto-bill will turn off your remaining subscription time (it happened to me twice).

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

Re: Cam Upload Failures - Still Not Fixed - 66% Failure Rate

I don't see an option to edit my original post, so I'd like to clarify something. In the last paragraph I say that cancelling auto-renew will terminate your cloud subscription immediately. They apparently have fixed this problem and your subscription will continue through it's regular expiration date.

Also, the first paragraph was edited by the system to change the word c-r-a-p-shoot to bleep-shoot. The term I used is in reference to a game of chance placed with dice and was not intended to refer to any biologically offensive material.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zorro1953,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We'd like to take a closer look into this, and we'll need your help. 

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version

We'll be able to forward this information to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

Just one out of virtually HUNDREDS of failures to upload to the cloud:

LOG ID 74679

Firmware for that cam: 3.0.2.7095

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zorro1953,

Thanks for reaching out to us back in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated with us in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

Do you have any update from the appropriate Roku team to share with me yet? It has been several weeks since I posted. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zorro1953,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
As of the moment, our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue that you're experiencing. Could you please provide us with a video or photo of your running problem?

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos