Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Yeah it's bad. All but one are connecting now, but the video doesnt load and alerts are all random. when i turn off motion and back out its back on, the sounds always muted, and one of my cameras wont connect, wont reset,  just has a solid blue light now. this is crazy they didn't test this first lol

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

We are all waiting and hoping for a resolution. This new app update and camera update has broken all of the indoor and outdoor cameras.

zrussell97
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

I agree, After i seen my cameras updating I cant connect to none of them and i cant even check the sd card or even formate them. Im no longer getting any notifications of anyone now walking by the cameras so Im guess its not saving the data to the cloud which is a very great suit waiting to happen so they need to fix this update or revert back to the old one.

roberttabs1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay y’all I already commented on this 2 days ago but I just noticed today there was an update and for the past 2 minutes they’ve been working better than they have the past 2 days. IM HOPING the problem is gone

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No update here, still terrible, not sure what is going on.

TopherLee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah nothing on my two either. My wireless outdoor is still the only one solidly working. The HD/SD quality option is also gone on this update… 

I don’t know how often Roku updates the firmware on their cameras, but they need to do something quick because this update is bad… 

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
  • Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build32-FD
  •  
  • Yeah this is bad. All my wired indoor and outdoor cameras are sporadically working, but it keeps showing vehicles when thats turned off among other glitches, it's missing alerts, random disconnects, failed restarts, it's made the whole system unstable and unreliable. The app won't save settings for motion off, I mean there are lots of things wrong with the firmware and the app update. I don't know why they don't just roll it back and test the builds from now on. Seems like a simple fix but maybe it's not or they don't care lol.
LeoT

Jump to solution

That firmware 6.0.0 build 32-FD update is very very bad.
Freezing, disconnecting, not connecting, zooming is completely off, etc.
It is amazing how many things they have managed to break simultaneously with this bogus upgrade.
QA on strike or long vacation?
Roku wake up and do something about this!

wvmayor1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I thought it was just me.   Last night I started having all the issues everyone mentioned above.  It was very solid before this.   They need to release an update to this update or roll it back.  

SazJ24

Jump to solution

Currently having the same issue with this firmware. None of cameras work correctly. They either don't load at all or are glitchy when they do. They don't pick up motion as frequently. Can't login half the time. They were working perfectly fine before today. 

I, actually, just bought 2 new cameras because I was going to switch completely from Ring. Guess I won't be giving up that subscription so quickly 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.