Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jadex5

app that says some fees are required

Jump to solution

If an app says some additional fees are required how do you pay those fees. Went to the channelstore and nothing comes up. Get the app and nothing. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: app that says some fees are required

Jump to solution

If you added the app and it didn't ask for any payment when you added it, it will probably show what fees apply to what when you launch the app.  They're paid via the payment method attached to your Roku account.  Many apps are free to add, but may have in-app purchases available.  I highly recommend adding a PIN to your account at https://my.roku.com so you won't inadvertently purchase something without realizing it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092

Jump to solution

More information is needed. What is the app in question, what model Roku device do you have, and where are you located (country)?

Many apps/channels can be installed for free, but you must subscribe (pay a fee) to use the app. For example, you can install Netflix, but you can't watch anything without paying for a subscription.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

If you added the app and it didn't ask for any payment when you added it, it will probably show what fees apply to what when you launch the app.  They're paid via the payment method attached to your Roku account.  Many apps are free to add, but may have in-app purchases available.  I highly recommend adding a PIN to your account at https://my.roku.com so you won't inadvertently purchase something without realizing it.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos