Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong account wrong email

Jump to solution

When inputting my debit card information and after watching a show I realize it never asked me for an email or password. Once I checked the settings I realized it was under my x wife’s email address. Now how can I fix this problem and put my email address and not hers without contacting her because she won’t cancel it under her end at all. I need help Peacock. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wrong account wrong email

Jump to solution

Hi @Gsxrblkwidow,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about updating the current Roku account that is linked to your Roku device.

If your Roku device is already linked to a different Roku account, we suggest performing a factory reset and linking the device again to your account just like what you did with the initial setup.

• Try running the steps below to factory reset the Roku device:
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

For more information about how to factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

If you still need further assistance with your Roku account, feel free to contact Roku Support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wrong account wrong email

Jump to solution

Hi @Gsxrblkwidow,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about updating the current Roku account that is linked to your Roku device.

If your Roku device is already linked to a different Roku account, we suggest performing a factory reset and linking the device again to your account just like what you did with the initial setup.

• Try running the steps below to factory reset the Roku device:
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

For more information about how to factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

If you still need further assistance with your Roku account, feel free to contact Roku Support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos