Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BZ416

Why am I charged monthly for Roku when others pay zero

Jump to solution

Why am I being charged 5.99 / mo. For just Roku  when people I talk to say they do not pay anything. I purchased 2 devices for 2 tvs. 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why am I charged monthly for Roku when others pay zero

Jump to solution

Hi, @BZ416.

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

It has come to our attention that unrecognized charges have been credited to your Roku Account. We're happy to provide assistance.

Charges on your account may be caused by any premium channels with active subscriptions. If you recall any subscriptions you purchased through Roku, you can check your purchase history on your Roku Account on the website by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

You can also check and manage your subscription on your Roku account. Check if you can see from what active channel subscription is causing the charges to be credited to your Roku account by: 

1. Sign in to my.roku.com and go to My subscriptions
  2. This page shows your subscriptions managed by Roku and options to either update them or turn off auto-renew to cancel them.

If you manage to locate the charges and cancel them, it is recommended that you set up a Roku PIN to avoid accidental purchases that may cause unrecognized charges such as these.

If you still do not recognize the charge on your account and wish to dispute it, please contact our Accounts and Billing team. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email by navigating to Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions.

For more comprehensive information about unrecognized charges, visit this support FAQ: What to do if there is a charge you don't recognize on your Roku account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why am I charged monthly for Roku when others pay zero

Jump to solution

Hi, @BZ416.

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

It has come to our attention that unrecognized charges have been credited to your Roku Account. We're happy to provide assistance.

Charges on your account may be caused by any premium channels with active subscriptions. If you recall any subscriptions you purchased through Roku, you can check your purchase history on your Roku Account on the website by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

You can also check and manage your subscription on your Roku account. Check if you can see from what active channel subscription is causing the charges to be credited to your Roku account by: 

1. Sign in to my.roku.com and go to My subscriptions
  2. This page shows your subscriptions managed by Roku and options to either update them or turn off auto-renew to cancel them.

If you manage to locate the charges and cancel them, it is recommended that you set up a Roku PIN to avoid accidental purchases that may cause unrecognized charges such as these.

If you still do not recognize the charge on your account and wish to dispute it, please contact our Accounts and Billing team. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email by navigating to Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions.

For more comprehensive information about unrecognized charges, visit this support FAQ: What to do if there is a charge you don't recognize on your Roku account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos