Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized subscription

Roku is charging me for unauthorized  subscription. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unauthorized subscription

@Davidblaisdell6 you haven't provided enough information. First, have you looked at your Roku user account to see if there's something listed? Log into your user account and see what's there. If there is nothing there, then you are not being billed by Roku.

Scammers with stolen CC information have been submitting charges and putting Roku in the biller field. Most people simply pay the bill, not paying attention to it. So it's easy money for them. If this has happened, you need to contest the charge, and ask your CC provider to cancel the card and issue you a new one.

If there is something listed under your user account, you can cancel it there. Roku will not refund unwanted subscriptions, but you can stop further charges. You should also add a PIN to your account so no one can charge anything to your account in the future unless they know the PIN. You can also remove your CC completely from your user account, so it's impossible for anyone to charge anything to your Roku account.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Unauthorized subscription

If it was me, I'd call my credit card company and dispute the charge.