Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isbell
Reel Rookie

Unable to place order, seeing error message 'Add Payment Method'

Both email and chat support were of no help.

Did anyone get a solution?

It's so so frustrating.  Long time Roku user but they're really making the case for an Apple TV.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Mzskunk
Reel Rookie

Re: Trying to Place an Order but Keep Getting 'Add Payment Method'

After a lot of back and forth with customer service, they finally issued a discount code for me to use and I checked out as I'd I were a new customer. I'd say keep writing on your ticket, take screen shots. It was so frustrating.

Isbell
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply. Just got off with CS and they wouldn't issue a discount code, but recommended I buy from Walmart or some other site, which of course doesn't offer the upgrade discount.

I'm genuinely baffled that this is how this company operates!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Isbell, what payment method are you trying to use?  I never could get Paypal to work.  The last time I bought something directly from Roku I gave up and added a credit card to my account and removed it once the purchase went through.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Isbell
Reel Rookie

I tried credit card, PayPal, and Apple Pay. Also attempted through different browsers and devices. I called, emailed, and chatted with “customer service” and all were stunningly unhelpful. Shrug emoji.

0 Kudos
Isbell
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to place order, seeing error message 'Add Payment Method'

UPDATE: I was able to find a hack/solution for this.  If anyone runs into this problem, try ordering the upgrade on your Roku/TV. I was able to purchase by clicking on the ad promoting the upgrade. You will need your Roku pin to order (you can add/update this online, thankfully without issue). After the last few days of chaos, I was deeply skeptical this would work, but to my surprise the order went through.

0 Kudos