Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliClarkW

Roku services, basic, standard or premium

I had an issue tonight trying to view MSNBC. I got a QR code, but my phone couldn't open it. So I went to the website (the other option). I entered the code and then it said I had to call the phone number listed (1-888-273-4352). When I did, I was connected to supposedly roku support. The woman I talked to asked for my phone # and my email. She was supposedly 'fixing' things and she asked me to turn the TV off and on a few times. Then I got a screen that said 'Under Maintenance'. At that point I couldn't watch anything on my TV. Then I asked to talk to her supervisor. He called me a few minutes later from an international phone identified as from Ontario (289-764-4468). He explained that the basic service I signed up for in 2021 (when I got my onn.roku TV) has been discontinued and I must sign up for standard (annual renewal) or premium (one-time charge). We never discussed prices but I did request a call from his manager. That person is supposed to call me tomorrow during business hours. I want to know if this is legit. Did roku really delete their badic service?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku services, basic, standard or premium

@AliClarkW There is no basic, standard, or premium Roku service.  There is NO CHARGE for using a Roku device.  You can purchase subscriptions to various services such as Netflix, Peacock, etc.... 

If I were you I would open my Roku account on a phone or computer and change your password.   Do not call any phone number listed on any website purporting to be from Roku.  Do not share your phone number or email with anyone purporting to represent Roku.  Again there is never a charge to activate a Roku device.