Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kc70
Reel Rookie

Roku account (remove old account scenario)

So I don't know HOW to connect my account to the ROKU??
I did change the payment and when I ck the seller's email is still in the tv vs mine.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kc70
Reel Rookie

Re: Transfer the ownership of my Roku Express to a new owner

I have the same issue.  IF I factory reset, don't I still need an activation code (I don't have one as I set up my Roku account in the past & never used it)???

I set up a Roku account in the past & never used it. Now I've received someone else's RokuTV. HOW do I get to "Setup" to input my email & payment info?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Transfer the ownership of my Roku Express to a new owner

@kc70 Do a factory reset of the Roku device.  This will remove the previous owner's information.  Roku no longer uses an activation code but sends you an email to activate the device.  Login to your Roku account and if you have forgotten the password use the forgot password option to set up a new password.  Once you have established a current Roku account just start the Roku device and set up like a new device.  If you need help go to the following  https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208754888

0 Kudos