Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrispdoc1

Roku Accounts Security Breach and Changed Credit Card Numbers & Zip Codes

Was anyone notified about this security breach by ROKU? I was not, and I only just found out about it when I got an email from ROKU that they were unable to charge my ESPN+ to my card. When I call ROKU they made me verify who I am, but said they "don't know who changed it or how. But it's ok, because I can log in and correct it." I went looking online and discovered the most recent breach happened on April 12 and was the second breach this year. How did they get paid for our ESPN+ in April and May? Sounds fishy to me. You?

FYI, Google: Roku says more than 500000 accounts impacted by cyber attack 2024-04-12

I want to know how and who changed my Roku ESPN+ credit card and zip code, please.
It must be a Roku computer system error, or the result of a breach of the Roku system where someone stole my credit card information, etc.
In either case, why wasn't I notified prior to my ESPN+ account payment being stopped and my account cancelled?
What assurances can you give me that this will not happen again?
Please advise me.
Thank you,
Chris

0 Kudos