Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mustang23

Please help me to cancel Peacok

Jump to solution

HELP!!!!

I have been trying for months to cancel Peacock. Peacock says I need to cancel subscription through Roku, my Roku account says I don’t have any subscriptions. I have yet to find a phone number or a direct customer service email for Roku to get assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please help me to cancel Peacock

Jump to solution

If a subscription isn't listed under your Roku user account, then it's not through Roku. Can you actually access paid content on Peacock, or are you just seeing a billing for it on your credit card? Another way to tell if it's a Roku subscription is if you can remove the channel from your devices. If there's no "remove channel" option when you press the * button when the channel is highlighted, then the subscription is through Roku. 

Now, if you're satisfied that you don't have Peacock access through Roku, but you're getting charged for it, you are being scammed. Thieves can submit a charge against your CC and enter anything they want in a text field and claim to be something they are not. And if this is happening, there's nothing Roku can do to assist. You need to cancel your credit card and have a new one issued, as your current CC information is circulating on the dark web. Contest the charges you have and you can get a little of the money back.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please help me to cancel Peacock

Jump to solution

If a subscription isn't listed under your Roku user account, then it's not through Roku. Can you actually access paid content on Peacock, or are you just seeing a billing for it on your credit card? Another way to tell if it's a Roku subscription is if you can remove the channel from your devices. If there's no "remove channel" option when you press the * button when the channel is highlighted, then the subscription is through Roku. 

Now, if you're satisfied that you don't have Peacock access through Roku, but you're getting charged for it, you are being scammed. Thieves can submit a charge against your CC and enter anything they want in a text field and claim to be something they are not. And if this is happening, there's nothing Roku can do to assist. You need to cancel your credit card and have a new one issued, as your current CC information is circulating on the dark web. Contest the charges you have and you can get a little of the money back.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
drcowart

Re: Please help me to cancel Peacok

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem trying to cancel Showtime. I ordered through Roku over a year ago and rarely watch it. I’m being charged $11.00 a month and decided to cancel it. I went in to Roku subscription and it doesn’t show up. I go into the Showtime site and it says my subscription is through Roku and I need to contact them in order to cancel my subscription. What the heck is going on here? I have yet to find someone or somehow to cancel this subscription. Why isn’t there a phone number to contact Roku support? I’m at my wits end.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Please help me to cancel Peacok

Jump to solution

Hi @drcowart,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

In this matter, it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather your personal information.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.

• Please visit: support.roku.com
  • Sign in to your account
  • Look for the "Agent Support" tab at the bottom right corner of the page
  • Click "Check support options"
  • Click Account, Payments & subscriptions

You can also check these links will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account or How to unsubscribe or Cancel a Subscription

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos