Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHodge

Peacock subscription active and paid through ROKU but can’t access on my TV.

Jump to solution

Why can’t I sign in to Peacock? I have a subscription. I also contacted Peacock and they’re not showing I have this subscription but I clearly do. When I sign into Roku.com it shows I have an active subscription and my next bill is not due until 6/30. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock subscription active and paid through ROKU but can’t access on my TV.

Jump to solution

@HHodge 

If you subscribed to Peacock through Roku, how are you  trying to access it? 

Typically subscriptions to premium apps made through Roku are accessed from within The Roku Channel, not on the channel's own discrete app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Peacock subscription active and paid through ROKU but can’t access on my TV.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Dum19bo69.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to provide troubleshooting steps for resolving your subscription access issue.

To start, you can try updating the channel.
Here are the steps:

1. Press the Home Button on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the app
  3. Press the Start Button (*) on your remote
  4. Select Check for Updates

If the issue persists, you can try updating the software of your streaming device:

1. Press Home Button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now

If it is still happening, we suggest reaching out to the channel provider and inquiring further, as they are the best ones who could provide further details regarding their channel functionality on the Roku platform. You can reach them through their direct Peacock Support

We hope you'll find this helpful information. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HHodge 

If you subscribed to Peacock through Roku, how are you  trying to access it? 

Typically subscriptions to premium apps made through Roku are accessed from within The Roku Channel, not on the channel's own discrete app.

0 Kudos
Dum19bo69

Jump to solution

I just click on the peacock button as I always did but they say I need to buy a subscription. But Roku already charged me for that subscription 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dum19bo69 Did you recently change how you paid for your Peacock subscription?  Try accessing Peacock through the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Dum19bo69.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to provide troubleshooting steps for resolving your subscription access issue.

To start, you can try updating the channel.
Here are the steps:

1. Press the Home Button on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the app
  3. Press the Start Button (*) on your remote
  4. Select Check for Updates

If the issue persists, you can try updating the software of your streaming device:

1. Press Home Button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now

If it is still happening, we suggest reaching out to the channel provider and inquiring further, as they are the best ones who could provide further details regarding their channel functionality on the Roku platform. You can reach them through their direct Peacock Support

We hope you'll find this helpful information. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tonyshangrila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you ever have success figuring this out?

For me, I bought the subscription through Roku, and it worked fine for for the last few months, then one day we were signed out.  Well, I don't have a pw for peacock, and that app/channel is NOT in the Roku channel app.

Very confusing.

0 Kudos
tonyshangrila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here's what I learned when I contacted Peacock:

null (9/24/2024, 9:24:14 PM): Connect to a live agent
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:24:20 PM): Thank you for contacting Peacock Customer Care. Could you provide your full name and email address, please?
null (9/24/2024, 9:24:36 PM): [REDACTED]
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:25:09 PM): Thank you. I hope you are doing well. How may I help you today?
null (9/24/2024, 9:26:18 PM): Well, I am having trouble signing in. I purchased an annual subscription via my Roku account. Earlier today, the app on our roku's had signed out somehow, and I don't have a way to sign back in.
null (9/24/2024, 9:27:07 PM): Roku's online help was not very good, and a community post there directed to peacock customer service. I'm not sure you can help, though.
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:27:20 PM): Thank you for sharing your concern.
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:27:55 PM): I have checked and there is no account with this email address
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:28:03 PM): Do you have any alternate email address?
null (9/24/2024, 9:29:13 PM): Nope. It makes sense to me that you wouldn't have record of me, since I subscribed through a third party. Do you happen to know anything about how a subscription via Roku is supposed to work? Like, a step I might be missing?
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:29:58 PM): I do understand. But it seems that you have purchased the subscripion through Roku on any of the alternate email address which might be related to your family and friends if you have any of the email address so I can check it on my end.
null (9/24/2024, 9:30:35 PM): The email I shared is the one associated with my Roku account
null (9/24/2024, 9:30:52 PM): I think my wife had a free peacock acct
null (9/24/2024, 9:30:57 PM): It's [REDACTED]
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:32:03 PM): It is not mandator to have the subscription to be active on that account in which you have purchased it. Also, I have checked and there is no active plan from this account.
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:32:40 PM): Please let me know if you are able to access the Peacock subscription on any of the device so I can help you to locate that account.
null (9/24/2024, 9:33:31 PM): Please stand by for a moment
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:34:21 PM): Please take your time.
null (9/24/2024, 9:34:36 PM): I'm sorry, but the peacock app is signed out on all three of our Roku devices, so I'm afraid I can't help there
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:35:07 PM): I do apologize. Due to privacy and security reasons, Roku does not share billing information, so we are unable to locate the account for subscriptions purchased through Roku.
ANANDITA (9/24/2024, 9:35:23 PM): I would recommend you to please get in touch with the Roku support care for this.
null (9/24/2024, 9:35:37 PM): Ok thanks

So that seems to be a dead end.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tonyshangrila Try logging into your Roku account on a computer or phone.  Select support and then My subscriptions.  

0 Kudos
tonyshangrila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What should I be looking for there?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tonyshangrila Your Peacock subscription should be there and you can follow prompts for agent support

0 Kudos