Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbernal

Paramount plus not letting me watch shows

I just paid my paramount plus through Roku but when I try to watch it tells me I need to subscribe. When I click subscribe it say I’m already subscribed and to sign in. Any advice on what to do? I’ve paid through Apple ID before and through Roku before, not sure if that matters.

17 REPLIES 17
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount plus not letting me watch shows

Hi @Cbernal,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you with this issue you're encountering. Could you tell us if you're trying to access it via a standalone channel or The Roku Channel premium subscription?

A few things keys to take note of: Subscpritons through Roku can only be accessed directly through The Roku Channel.

Tell us more and we'll dig in.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Security2
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem. I paid $119 for the + and showtime (premium). The shows are locked. They got my money. I hope somebody helps us, sorry I don’t have a solution. Just wanted to say this is a problem and I can’t contact anyone through paramount plus support. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Security2,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this. Could you tell us how you are accessing the channel? Is it to a standalone channel or directly through The Roku Channel premium subscription? Premium subscription via Roku can only be accessed directly to The Roku Channel.

Let us know more about this so that we can look into it further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kohana
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. I was watching Big Brother Australia and in the middle of the season the entire show disappeared. When I do a search on Roku it comes up as a valid choice but I get the same exact message as you when I try to watch it. If I search on Paramount it doesn't come up at all.

0 Kudos
Security2
Reel Rookie

I am or at least was watching paramount plus directly through the paramount plus app on my Roku tv. That is how I originally bought the subscription for it. Now when I open that app it only gives me the choice to purchase a subscription. Then I log out and log back in and it tells me that this account already has a subscription. So this is all so confusing and it makes me mad because paramount has already taken my $119 for my annual purchase but I can’t watch anything but free shows. 

kohana
Reel Rookie

I am accessing through Roku directly. My show is found when I do a search via Roku but when I choose it I get the subscription message. If I search while in Paramount+ it doesn't come up as a choice. If you want an example I was watching Big Brother Australia. I already watched one season and on my second season around episode 10 it started showing Big Brother USA.

0 Kudos
Knecht5
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ Subscription is not working

I purchased Paramount+ through Roku but when I try to watch it tells me I need to subscribe. When I click subscribe it say I’m already subscribed and to sign in. I have tried accessing Paramount+ directly and through the Ruko Channel and get the same results. I have also "signed out" and then signed in to only get the same results.

I have confirmed my payment went through on 11/27/2023 when I initially purchased the subscription, too.

Any insight on how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Security2 @Knecht5 

Thanks for the update and for clarifying this.

In this case, we would recommend getting additional help from the channel support team. Channel authentication is handled and managed directly by the channel providers themselves. You can contact them here: Contact Us

Or you can try this first: Remove, Restart, and Reinstall the channel, then try again to see if that works.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount+ Subscription is not working

Hi @kohana,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We would also recommend contacting the channel team directly about content issues. Content and shows are managed directly by the channel providers themselves. Roku only holds the channel available on the platform.

You can contact them here: Paramount Plus Support

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos