Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fox88
Binge Watcher

Re: One Roku account, but I live in two different locations

FYI: Neither of my flat screen TVs are smart TVs.

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Fox88  Please edit your post and remove your email address. 
Any TV made within the last 10-15 years is a smart tv. All it means is it has downloadable apps. I believe the issue is your using 2 different Roku accounts. If you were using the same account in both homes it would show both your Roku devices in your linked devices. And like avsgunnar mentioned there are TWO ways to watch Starz. Two entirely different channels 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Fox88, we have sent an email to the email you listed. Please keep an eye out for a message coming from us. If you have any issues let us know here on The Roku Community thread. 

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

If I do not get Starz in Oregon in the next 24 hours, I will better understand all of the negative complaints that I have seen from others about Roku customer service. At the end of the current free trial, I will then end the contract and find other options for streaming movies, not through Roku

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Fox88 

Sounds like you are still having issues.  What have you found out to date and did the email support help with some of the issue?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

I imagine that each of you can somehow see each of the written communications that I have had with the Roku Community, as well as Roku Customer Service. It's awkward for me to go through each of those communications, in order to bring you up to speed with all that has transpired.

I'm pretty sure that each of my flat screen TVs are not smart TVs. The one in California had been previously hooked up to dish through a cable, but that cable is no longer hooked up to dish. That TV has a Roku device plugged into the back of the flat screen TV. Previously, I had signed up through Roku and watched Netflix for at least one year. I was able to see Netflix at both houses with no problems. The flat screen TV here in Oregon is also not a smart TV. It has an Apple box hooked to it, and also has a Roku device plugged in the back.

Here's a rundown, some of my notes thatI have given up to those who are trying to help with this problem:

THE FOLLOWING WERE ALL COPIED FROM ROKU: (I don't know what to do with this information)

My linked devices

Express

Living room

Serial number:  YG0045092314

Linked:  2/12/2019

Actions:  UnlinkEnable Guest Mode 

CONTENT:

There were no purchases in the past 6 months

INVOICES:

You don't have any invoices 

"STARZ on The Roku Channel

$8.99 per month(7 day free trial)

Free trial until 05/14/2022

Cancel subscription"

(The above seems to indicate to me that I did purchase Starz through Roku)

Now that you can see what I have found, my signing up through Roku for Starz, what do I do so that I can see Starz here in OR without paying again? 

I hope that I will see your reply with a guide to resolve my problem at: aikidofox@gmail.com

I'm 75 years old, and like many of your customers, this is all extremely complicated for me. If it were more simple, allowing me to see what I purchase at both of my addresses, I'm certain that I would sign up for more of your streaming products. I do not want to spend any more days reviewing details of my problem without receiving a solution.

John

Here in Oregon for the past several days I've been unable to get Starz without agreeing to start subscription, as I did at my home in California. I do not intend to pay twice. 

Yesterday morning, using my smartphone, I made sure that both accounts at both addresses had the same email address and same credit card by changing both of those for my own confirmation. 

This morning, I tried again to see Starz at my OR home, but it requires that I start a subscription again, as I did at my CA home. I do not want to pay twice.

Does this fully indicate that I must have signed up directly with Starz, even though I'm quite certain that I signed up through Roku? 

Is this complicated necessity just a tactic which encourages people to pay twice?

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

ROKU REPLY:

Try this. Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices do you see both Roku devices? 

My linked devices

Express

Living room

CONTENT:

INVOICES:

STARZ on The Roku Channel

Cancel subscription 

Now that you can see what I have found, my signing up through Roku for Starz, what do I do so that I can see Starz here in OR without paying again? 

I hope that I will see your reply on my email, aikidofox@gmail.com

I'm 75 years old, and like many of your customers, this is all extremely complicated for me. If it were more simple, allowing me to see what I purchase at both of my addresses, I'm certain that I would sign up for more of your streaming products.

John

Here in Oregon for the past several days I've been unable to get Starz without agreeing to start subscription, as I did at my home in California. I do not intend to pay twice. 

Yesterday morning, using my smartphone, I made sure that both accounts at both addresses had the same email address and same credit card by changing both of those for confirmation. 

This morning, I tried again to see Starz at my OR home, but it requires that I start a subscription again, as I did at my CA home. I do not want to pay twice.

Does this fully indicate that I must have signed up directly with Starz, even though I'm quite certain that I signed up through Roku? 

Is this complicated necessity just a tactic which encourages people to pay twice? 

5/11/22

Hi Fox88,

AvsGunnar (Community Streaming Expert) mentioned you in a post! Here is what I sent him: 

I imagine that each of you can somehow see each of the written communications that I have had with the Roku Community, as well as Roku Customer Service. It's awkward for me to go through each of those communications, in order to bring you up to speed with all that has transpired. 

I'm pretty sure that each of my flat screen TVs are not smart TVs. The one in California had been previously hooked up to dish through a cable, but that cable is no longer hooked up to dish. That TV has a Roku device plugged into the back of the flat screen TV. Previously, I had signed up through Roku and watched Netflix for at least one year. I was able to see Netflix at both houses with no problems. The flat screen TV here in Oregon is also not a smart TV. It has an Apple box hooked to it, and also has a Roku device plugged in the back. 

Here's a rundown, some of my notes thatI have given up to those who are trying to help with this problem: 

THE FOLLOWING WERE ALL COPIED FROM ROKU: (I don't know what to do with this information) 

My linked devices

Express

Living room

CONTENT:

INVOICES:

"STARZ on The Roku Channel

Cancel subscription" 

(The above seems to indicate to me that I did purchase Starz through Roku) 

Now that you can see what I have found: my signing up through Roku for Starz, what do I do so that I can see Starz here in OR without paying again?  

I hope that I will see your reply with a guide to resolve my problem at: aikidofox@gmail.com 

I'm 75 years old, and like many of your customers, this is all extremely complicated for me. If it were more simple, allowing me to see what I purchase at both of my addresses, I'm certain that I would sign up for more of your streaming products. I do not want to spend any more days reviewing details of my problem without receiving a solution. 

Here in Oregon for the past several days I've been unable to get Starz without agreeing to start subscription, as I did at my home in California. I do not intend to pay twice. Is this complicated necessity just a tactic which encourages people to pay twice? 

Yesterday morning, using my smartphone, I made sure that both accounts at both addresses had the same email address and same credit card by changing both of those for my own confirmation.  

Then, this morning, I tried again to see Starz at my OR home, but it requires that I start a subscription again, as I did at my CA home. I do not want to pay twice. 

END I hope!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Fox88 

There was a whole lot of info and advice being thrown at you yesterday in rapid fire.  Did you happen to see my posting to you on page2 of this forum thread (has 2 images included).

When you are looking at the Starz icon on your TV right now, does the icon say "Starz", or does it say "Starz on the Roku Channel"?

------

From your posting, it certainly indicates you have subscribed to "Starz on the Roku Channel."  You need to verify that you have installed the correct icon on your TV.  You cannot use the "Starz" icon.  You need to use the "Starz on the Roku Channel" icon.

If you do not see the "Starz on the Roku Channel" icon, then from your Home Screen, scroll down to "Search", then start typing  in "Starz on the Roku Channel" until you see it to the right.  Proceed to install "Starz on the Roku Channel".  Then launch this new icon and use the same credentials you do in CA.

----

Feel free to post an update or if you have more questions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

I gave it one more try, following your instructions. This is what I found:

On the Roku home screen, there is a box that says Starz on the Roku Channel, but when I click on it what comes up is a box that only says Starz - start subscription. When I click on that, it takes me to a new box that says Starz - $8.99/month. I am continuing to believe that this is a deliberate tactic by Roku in order to get people to pay twice.

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@Fox88  I see the problem. You say you have 2 different homes. Each with a Roku. But you only show 1 linked device in your Roku account. It should show 2. One for each home. Starz on the Roku channel is different the the Starz channel. If you truly want Starz then cancel your free trial under your Roku subscription. Sign up directly on the Starz website and install the stand alone Starz channel. Not the Starz on Roku channel. When you log into your Roku account online and scroll to the bottom you should see “linked devices”. You should see “living room” Roku and a model number. You should also see your other Roku and model number. If you don’t that means you setup both Roku devices with different email addresses. You can have up to 20 Roku devices linked under one account. I own several Roku devices. I see all of them under my linked devices when I go into my Roku account. All my devices have the same channels cause they are linked together, Roku is not trying to scam you or rip you off. We are all trying to help you. Avsgunnar posted pictures. Go back into your Roku account. Post a picture of the linked devices you see. It should show 2. If not that’s the issue 

0 Kudos