Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fox88
Binge Watcher

One Roku account, but I live in two different locations

I have one Roku account, but live in two different homes, one one California and one in Oregon. I signed up for Starz which works in CA, but not in OR. What do I do?

0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: One Roku account, but I live in two different locations

Starz will work anywhere in the US. Which Roku model do you have? Do you have multiple Roku devices? Or do you travel with your Roku? Can you please provide more information

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Fox88 

I have a house in Georgia, and one in Alabama. I am currently subscribing to Starz, and it works in both states. I know of no reason why you would encounter different behavior.

There are three ways you can subscribe to Starz on Roku.

1. Starz on Roku Channel. You sign up from within Roku Channel and are billed by Roku. You can use Starz from within the Roku Channel app, or via the installed Starz on Roku Channel app.
  2. Starz app via Roku Pay. You sign up within the Starz app, and pay Roku for the service. You can watch Starz on any Roku device tied to the same Roku account.
  3. Starz directly. You sign up on the Starz Website and pay them. You log in on the Starz app. You can watch on any device, Roku or otherwise, that has a Starz app.

Which do you use?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

I have not received adequate guidance from anyone in the Roku Community helping me to understand what I need to do to get Starz in my Medford Oregon home like I do in my Crescent City California home.

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

I forgot to mention that I did reply to the question asking if I could give the model number of my Roku device that is in Oregon, the one that is not allowing me to see Starz

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

I have already sent you a reply which said that I did purchase Starz through Roku. I also did reply to a previous question asking for the model number of my Roku in Oregon, the location where I am unable to view Starz without starting an additional free trial.

Should I start another free trial in Oregon, giving the same credit card number again, but won't that have me being charged doubly?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Fox88 

I believe @DBDukes has provided you the available options available in order to receive this Channel.

In simple terms, if you purchase your Subscription directly from Starz, you can watch on any device, and wherever you wish. (Roku devices, other streaming devices, your phone, laptop, etc.)

[https://www.starz.com/us/en/]

If you have one Roku account (same email address for both your Roku devices in both states), and you purchased your Starz through Roku (Starz on the Roku Channel), then Starz should be available to watch in either location, limited to your Roku devices or online Roku Channel.

If Starz is working in CA on your Roku device, you should be able to bring that Roku device to your OR home, plug it into your TV, and be able to watch Starz in OR.  The fact that the OR Roku device is not cooperating is maybe either you have the wrong Starz Channel/app installed, or this OR Roku device is not linked to your CA Roku account. (ie. different accounts)

----

Perhaps if you verify the following, additional help can be offered to see where issue is.

1. Have you verified that both your devices are actually under the same Roku account.  In both locations, (Settings/System/Account) will show you your Roku Account (email address).

2. Did you sign up for Starz directly or through Roku Channel?

3. What Channel/app do you have success with in CA (is it Starz or is it Starz on the Roku Channel)?

---

Feel free to update if still having issues or have other questions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Fox88  I live in different homes. I have several Roku devices. All under the same account. Whatever you do to one happens to all of them. So if you are logged into the same Roku account on each device and add Starz it will automatically add it to each device. If you are using different accounts that will cause the issue you’re seeing. Be sure that each Roku device is logged in under the same account email address. It’s also best to sign up for a service directly from that services website and never through your Roku account. How are you signed up to pay for Starz? Through Roku or through Starz?

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

Yesterday morning, I made sure that both accounts, both addresses, had the same email address & same credit card. This morning on the TV Roku options, I went to settings and did a system restart. Still, no s

@Z06 wrote:

@Fox88  I live in different homes. I have several Roku devices. All under the same account. Whatever you do to one happens to all of them. So if you are logged into the same Roku account on each device and add Starz it will automatically add it to each device. If you are using different accounts that will cause the issue you’re seeing. Be sure that each Roku device is logged in under the same account email address. It’s also best to sign up for a service directly from that services website and never through your Roku account. How are you signed up to pay for Starz? Through Roku or through Starz?

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Fox88  Which Roku devices do you own? Are both the same? Is one a TV and one a device? So are you saying Starz is on one Roku but not another? You can’t install it on the one having issues? Or you cannot login? A Roku TV has the option to enter your zip code. Be sure that is correct. But usually the ZIP Code is only to give you proper local channels. You haven’t explained how you’re paying for Starz. Are you paying your Starz subscription through Roku or through Starz themselves? When ever you setup a new Roku when you already own a Roku all the channels that are on one device will automatically be installed on the new device. Try this. Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices do you see both Roku devices?

0 Kudos