Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrownatl

Inadvertent device purchase/ Inability to cancel order

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku replacement remote. In my haste, I did not see that it would back ordered and would not ship until at least 1-2 weeks from now. Immediately, I contacted support and was told that I would have to wait until it ships and they have a tracking number and then I could refuse the shipment. Well, that does me a lot of good!! By this time, my credit card has been charged. So, basically they confirmed to me that if you make an inadvertent purchase, contact them immediately, that the customer is out of luck. I could not believe this and contacted support via the chat again. Same story. Then I tried to call but it gives you two choices and then ends the phone call. I love our Roku but my customer service experience here is a big disappointment. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Inadvertent device purchase/ Inability to cancel order

Jump to solution

Hi @bbrownatl,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

This is not what we aim for, and we wanted to regain your trust. We will be more than happy to assist you. Please be advised that if you still need your order canceled, we can process a return along with a return label, and you can return the unit once you receive the item.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Inadvertent device purchase/ Inability to cancel order

Jump to solution

Hi @bbrownatl,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

This is not what we aim for, and we wanted to regain your trust. We will be more than happy to assist you. Please be advised that if you still need your order canceled, we can process a return along with a return label, and you can return the unit once you receive the item.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos