Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff95112

How to cancel CBS All Access subscription through Roku

Jump to solution

I had been subscribing to CBS All Access on my Roku, but I recently purchased a smart TV and no longer use the Roku.  I let the CBS subscription expire (it expired yesterday) and then deleted my Roku account, so I can no longer log in to Roku.com. 

Yet, CBS still says I'm subscribed through Roku and won't let me subscribe directly through their website (even though the subscription is expired, I can still watch CBS All Access for some reason).  I need to break the link between CBS All Access and Roku so I can subscribe to CBS directly through them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to cancel CBS All Access subscription through Roku

Jump to solution

@thehappycamper 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you subscribed through Roku Pay, we would recommend logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions. For more information about canceling a subscription, visit our Support page here: How do I manage or cancel a Roku® Pay subscription?

However, if you purchased your subscription through the channel provider directly, you will need to contact the channel provider for assistance with your account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cancelling a CBS All Access subscription

Jump to solution

I can't speak to CBS All Access directly, but most of these streaming subscriptions auto-renew every month until you explicitly cancel them. In other words, they don't just expire. This is all spelled out in the conditions you agree to when subscribing.

If you subscribed via your Roku account (rather than directly with CBS) and then canceled your Roku account without first canceling your CBS subscription, I don't know how you can now go about canceling CBS.

Hopefully one of the Roku reps here will see this thread and offer to help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Joyce3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So I will no longer see a charge on my account ALSO It’s been going on for two months and NO ONE COULD

HELP ME DUE TO THIS SITUATION

WILL I GET A CREDIT

0 Kudos
Joyce3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

I SHOULD NOT HAVE ANYMORE

CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT

THANK  YOU

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I no longer have the Roku hooked up since I bought the new Smart TV. Have you been able to get an answer? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to cancel CBS All Access subscription through Roku

Jump to solution

@thehappycamper 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you subscribed through Roku Pay, we would recommend logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions. For more information about canceling a subscription, visit our Support page here: How do I manage or cancel a Roku® Pay subscription?

However, if you purchased your subscription through the channel provider directly, you will need to contact the channel provider for assistance with your account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Roku let me register with a typo in my email address. I reset my Roku with the correct email. I had forgot to cancel CBS All Access, and ended up signing up for it again. I am now getting charged twice for it. You aren't offering phone assistance, and I've been getting told over and over in an email to log into my account. I can't log into the account because the email was invalid. I keep getting emails telling me the same thing, and it's getting nowhere. I'm starting to get upset. The same card is being charged for both. Trying to help me change the password is not the answer, unless you want to allow me to log into a hoitmail account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Christina_Lynn 

Thanks for the information.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've been trying to cancel my cbs subscription for acouple months now I never watch but you guys make it impossible to cancel I want it canceled and my money back 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Staleyanthony 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you subscribed to CBS All Access? Are you subscribed through Roku Pay or are you subscribed through the channel provider directly?

If you are subscribed through Roku Pay, we would recommend logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions to see a list of your current Roku subscriptions. For further assistance with Roku Pay billed related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

However, if you are subscribed through the channel provider directly, you will need to contact the CBS All Access as they would best be able to assist you with your subscription. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You can reach CBS All Access support here: https://help.cbs.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos