Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshuakubik79
Reel Rookie

How do I go about requesting a refund for MLB Extra Innings App

Jump to solution

I recently was charged for a full year for MLB Extra Innings ($143.02).  How do I go about requesting a refund as there was no advance notice of this upcoming charge.  

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I go about requesting a refund for MLB Extra Innings App

Jump to solution

First, check your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and see if you have a valid subscription listed there. If you do, you can cancel it there. But Roku usually doesn't refund valid subscriptions, only cancelling them once the subscription has expired. You can try contacting the accounting people. See this page for more detailed information.

However, if you don't find any such subscription under your account, you are being scammed and Roku can't assist you with it because they didn't do it. Scammers get your credit card info illegally and submit charges hoping you won't notice and simply pay it. They can enter any text they want listing the biller, so they use companies like Roku hoping you accept it. If this has happened, you need to immediately contest the charge with your CC company, and ask them to cancel your CC and issue you a new one. If scammers have your CC information, it's a good bet it's circulating through others and additional bogus charges will be coming. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hop on the customer support chat and request a refund. I just did it. They had no explanation for why I didn't receive a notification email. From now on I'll only set up subscriptions through individual providers. Not through Roku. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092

Jump to solution

First, check your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and see if you have a valid subscription listed there. If you do, you can cancel it there. But Roku usually doesn't refund valid subscriptions, only cancelling them once the subscription has expired. You can try contacting the accounting people. See this page for more detailed information.

However, if you don't find any such subscription under your account, you are being scammed and Roku can't assist you with it because they didn't do it. Scammers get your credit card info illegally and submit charges hoping you won't notice and simply pay it. They can enter any text they want listing the biller, so they use companies like Roku hoping you accept it. If this has happened, you need to immediately contest the charge with your CC company, and ask them to cancel your CC and issue you a new one. If scammers have your CC information, it's a good bet it's circulating through others and additional bogus charges will be coming. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hop on the customer support chat and request a refund. I just did it. They had no explanation for why I didn't receive a notification email. From now on I'll only set up subscriptions through individual providers. Not through Roku. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The best way to ensure you don't accidentally press a button and subscribe to something you don't want is to remove your credit card from your Roku user account. Without a billing method in place, you won't do something like that by mistake again. Sure, it's an extra step to add it back if you actually do want to pay for something, but it's worth the step in my opinion. 

Dan

kathymask

Jump to solution

I was charged for MLB and I had canceled my subscription 

0 Kudos
joshuakubik79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked like a charm.  They said it was a one-time courtesy refund.  I'll take it!  Thank you for the advice.

0 Kudos