Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting billed by Roku for Paramount + but Roku site does not show an active account

Jump to solution

I want to cancel a subscription to Paramount + that was set to auto-renew.  The subscription does not display on my Roku account so I can't cancel it. 

Also - is there any option to contact a human in Customer Support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting billed by Roku for Paramount + but Roku site does not show an active account

Jump to solution

Hi, @bschaef5145.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out about canceling your subscription. We'd be happy to help you with this.

To start, have you tried checking the email address associated with your streaming device? This may be the reason why you're unable to locate the subscription.
To check: Home > Settings > System > About.

Here are the steps to cancel the subscription:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go to My Subscriptions.
  3. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  4. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew
    Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and you will not be billed for it in the future.

You may also cancel your subscription directly to your streaming device.

Here's how:

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. From the Home screen, use the arrow buttons on your remote to hover over and highlight the app whose subscription you want to cancel.
  3. Press the Star button  on your remote.
  4. Select Manage Subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options. If you don't see this option, your subscription is not managed through Roku.
    YoursubscriptionOS24.jpg
  5. To cancel a subscription, select Turn off auto-renew. Next, you can choose to remove the app immediately or keep it for the remainder of the subscription term. Your subscription should now only be active until the end of its billing cycle.
    ManageSubscriptionOS24.jpg

Furthermore, you may visit this support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting billed by Roku for Paramount + but Roku site does not show an active account

Jump to solution

Hi, @bschaef5145.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out about canceling your subscription. We'd be happy to help you with this.

To start, have you tried checking the email address associated with your streaming device? This may be the reason why you're unable to locate the subscription.
To check: Home > Settings > System > About.

Here are the steps to cancel the subscription:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go to My Subscriptions.
  3. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  4. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew
    Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and you will not be billed for it in the future.

You may also cancel your subscription directly to your streaming device.

Here's how:

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. From the Home screen, use the arrow buttons on your remote to hover over and highlight the app whose subscription you want to cancel.
  3. Press the Star button  on your remote.
  4. Select Manage Subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options. If you don't see this option, your subscription is not managed through Roku.
    YoursubscriptionOS24.jpg
  5. To cancel a subscription, select Turn off auto-renew. Next, you can choose to remove the app immediately or keep it for the remainder of the subscription term. Your subscription should now only be active until the end of its billing cycle.
    ManageSubscriptionOS24.jpg

Furthermore, you may visit this support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bschaef5145 If the subscription does not display in your Roku account it is likely you subscribed somewhere else or you have two Roku accounts.  If you open Paramount + on a computer you may be able to determine who is charging you,

0 Kudos