Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CalenV802
Reel Rookie

Monthly $5.29 Charge From Roku

Jump to solution

Every month I get charged $5.29 from Roku and I have no idea what it's for. I checked my subscriptions and add on's but there is nothing showing active, only my old canceled subscriptions. Can someone please explain what this is? If I need it I have no problem paying for it but I need to know where that money is going and for what....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Monthly $5.29 Charge From Roku

Jump to solution

Hi, @CalenV802.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to help you with the unrecognized charge on your account.

Have you tried checking the email address associated with your streaming device? To check: Home > Settings > System > About.

To avoid any unrecognized charges, you may add a PIN to your account.

Here's how:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Under Device settings, select PIN/Parental controls
  3. To set up a PIN, select Create a PIN

Note: On your billing statement, check how the charges appear. All transactions from Roku will appear on your billing statement as “Roku,” “Roku for <app/provider>,” or "The Roku Channel." If it's not referenced, it’s not a charge from Roku. For more information about a charge that didn’t come from Roku, contact your bank or card issuer.

Furthermore, you may visit this support article on what to do if there is a charge you don't recognize on your Roku account

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @CalenV802.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to help you with the unrecognized charge on your account.

Have you tried checking the email address associated with your streaming device? To check: Home > Settings > System > About.

To avoid any unrecognized charges, you may add a PIN to your account.

Here's how:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Under Device settings, select PIN/Parental controls
  3. To set up a PIN, select Create a PIN

Note: On your billing statement, check how the charges appear. All transactions from Roku will appear on your billing statement as “Roku,” “Roku for <app/provider>,” or "The Roku Channel." If it's not referenced, it’s not a charge from Roku. For more information about a charge that didn’t come from Roku, contact your bank or card issuer.

Furthermore, you may visit this support article on what to do if there is a charge you don't recognize on your Roku account

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CalenV802, to be clear, you don't need anything from Roku that has a monthly charge.  There's plenty of services that can be added, but none of them are needed (they're all optional), so you may want to track that thing down.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.