Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Our_shop
Reel Rookie

Extra charge on credit card

I purchased a yearly subscription to an app (Rubico) in Sep, but just got charged last month for the monthly fee in Nov. How do I alleviate this, aside from going through my cc company? The charge on my statement reads: Roku for PROBC Network LL

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Extra charge on credit card

Hi @Our_shop,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Our_shop
Reel Rookie

Thank you for response, Mary. I have already tried that several times over the last day or so, and when I click the Contact Us link next to the faulty charge, the page keeps scrolling and does not open. I've turned off popup blockers, vpn, etc. still same scrolling.

There is no other option except Manage Subscription. I clicked on that and saw to my surprise that I have two subscriptions for the app, the monthly AND the Yearly. I shut off Auto-Renewal on the monthly, which is December 22, but I still shouldn't have received the Nov charge.

This may do the trick, not sure, but I still need the charge removed from last month. Is this something the Billing people can do, and if so, how do I get them to do that?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Our_shop
Reel Rookie

Hi RokuMary-F,

Earlier this year we tried an app called Rubico with a Monthly Subscription. We renewed it every month for a few months. On September 10, 2022 we decided to subscribe for a Yearly subscription for $79.99 from Roku. Our credit card was charged that amount.

We noticed a charge of $5.99 on our credit card statement on 11/23/22 from Roku for Rubico. I went into our account online and in Active Subscriptions I saw two Active Subscriptions for Rubico, one monthly and the Yearly one. I tried the Contact US link next the charge multiple times, but it doesn't work. I tried to call the phone number on the statement and a message comes on saying to use the Support Page on the website. There is literally no way to contact you people except through this Community.

I decided to Cancel the Auto Renewal option in the Monthly subscription, now the Rubico app disappeared from our Home options.

We disputed this $5.99 charge with the credit card company. We should not be charged monthly for the same subscription that we paid a Yearly fee for. 

We can't call anyone. In Active Subscriptions, Contact Us does not work. Can someone please respond back and let me know how I can reach someone at Roku to straighten this out?

Thanks,

Ray at Our_shop

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Our_shop 

Thanks for the post.

As @RokuMary-F previously mentioned, for account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Our_shop
Reel Rookie

What do i do after clicking on Account, payments & subscriptions?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Our_shop   When you click on "Question about a Subscription" you should get a list of your subscriptions 

0 Kudos