Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbh
Reel Rookie

Does my second Roku need a new account to work in a different room of my house?

Jump to solution

I just upgraded my old standard Roku to a Soundbar Roku.  Works great and I love it!!  I want to use my old standard Roku in another room.  Do I need to create a new account for it to work?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Does my second Roku need a new account to work in a different room of my house?

Jump to solution

No, two Rokus on one account is fine/normal/common.  Unless you did a factory reset on the first Roku, it is still attached to the same account that it was before and ready to play on another TV.

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does my second Roku need a new account to work in a different room of my house?

Jump to solution

Hi @Elizabeth52,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

For more information about how to manage a Roku account, visit our Support page here: How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account | Official Roku Support

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Account, Payments & Subscription Support

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No, two Rokus on one account is fine/normal/common.  Unless you did a factory reset on the first Roku, it is still attached to the same account that it was before and ready to play on another TV.

sbh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have only moved the old Roku to the new location in my house.  All the info on it is still the same.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sbh Just be aware that any apps you add or delete on one device will be added or deleted on the other device also.  All Roku devices linked to the same account share the same apps.  I have six Roku devices linked to one account.  By using the *key you can move apps to different locations on the home page of one device without affecting the other devices.

Jump to solution

how do I link my two roku accounts?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have been charges for two accounts.  I need to link these accounts to one account.  Please advise

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Elizabeth52,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

For more information about how to manage a Roku account, visit our Support page here: How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account | Official Roku Support

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Account, Payments & Subscription Support

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

One simple* way to join two accounts:  Pick one account to close.  Cancel all subscriptions on that account.  (Optionally wait for them all to expire – ie: they generally give you until the end of the billing cycle.) Then factory reset the roku device(s) on that (closing) account and put it/them on the account you are keeping.  At this point they should automatically pick up channels and subscriptions from the account you kept.

*By “simple” I mean that it is a DYI solution that doesn’t require communications with support staff.

0 Kudos