Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct TV will not connect

Every thing else but direct tv connects. Called and they said there is a problem but roko has to fix it.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Direct TV will not connect

Hi @DanielMedina,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this. Could you tell us more about this? Are you seeing any error messages? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With more information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rmaltman

I have had this happen twice now.  It happens at the time of the month when the account for direct tv is due to renew.  Last month Direct TV said there was a glitch and it was on Rokus end.  I called Roku and it was fixed within a day.  It happened today and used chat for support.  They’re working on it but this glitch needs to be fixed.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @DanielMedina and @Rmaltman.
It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once more information has been gathered, we can pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rlhenry

I'm havingthe same issue. Mine says it's having trouble connecting please try again. I spoke with DirectTV and they did everything they could on their end and it's definitely an issue stemming from the Roku.

0 Kudos
rlhenry

Also - the Direct TV support person said they had 3 other calls today with similar isues with Roku and the DirectTV app. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @rlhenry!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We'll do our best to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, we may need to assess your concern better by collecting more information from you. 

• Is this an isolated case with Direct TV only? If so, what troubleshooting methods have you taken so far?
  • Who is your current ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Have you tried using an alternative network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, since the error message relates to it?

We'll be anticipating your response as we are eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos