Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadadies
Reel Rookie

Deactivated Roku Account to Unlink A Device

Hi. I deactivated my roku account because I could not unlink a device with the unlink link from my account. I did initially send an email asking what was wrong with the unlink feature, and provided the device info, but the support team gave a generic answer about creating accounts which has nothing to do with unlinking, so I had to deactivate the whole account. But the roku app still has my account activated. so I assume the device I want to remove also has my accounted still activated. I then created my account again and I see no device linked to my account. But again, knowing how roku works, its very likely that the old device still has access to my account, mostly the old account. I don't know if this new account is the same account. So I don't know what is going on on roku's side. But all I want is to unlink the device from my account as I don't have access to the old device and i don't want other people using my account especially on that device.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Deactivated Roku Account to Unlink A Device

@dadadies At this time Roku is experiencing problems with unlinking devices, changing device names, etc...

Roku is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.  Until Roku gets this issue solved you will probably just have to wait to see what devices are linked to what account etc...

0 Kudos
dadadies
Reel Rookie

My new account does say i have no device linked to it. But I cant be sure if the old account is still active somehow, and if it is different from my new account or somehow attached to it, and whether the unwanted device is still linked to the old account. I don't have access to either the old account or the device to confirm on either side. So even if the unlink issue is fixed, there is no way to confirm the whether the device is linked to my old or new account. *shrugs*

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @dadadies,

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to help. Are you still able to access your Roku device, by going to the setting page? If so, go to Settings > Select System >Select About. There is where you'll be able to see the email address linked to the Roku device. 

Did it not work? Keep us posted on what you see on your screen. So we can take a closer look into this with you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos