Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Charge on my account need assistance

Hey @JenniferWills, that sounds frustrating but don't worry we are here to help. Send us a private message so we can collect some personal information so we can get to the bottom of these charges.

0 Kudos

515-402-9346

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @0466, we recommend that you do not post any personal information publicly and that it might be a good idea to remove your post. If there is an issue you need assistance with we would be happy to help. You can send us a private message so that any information provided isn't public-facing, or If you prefer we do offer call, chat, and email support available here: https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options. You can Select "Questions about my account or billing" then choose "Other" and last "Need more help" to bring up customer support contact options. I hope this information helps but again if you need any more help don't hesitate to reach out.

0 Kudos
fiona644

I received an email yesterday that we were going to start being charged for Crave.  I cancelled right away and tried calling but, as with everyone else's experience on here, I couldn't reach a live person.  I emailed Roku and they said they will not reimburse me and that we have the subscription until May 19th.  Why didn't we get some lead time so we could cancel before being charged?  We don't want the service, don't want to pay but they won't refund us.  That's not right.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @fiona644, we're here to help! we see you're looking to get a reimbursement for a subscription that you no longer want. To get more details on this we will be sending you a direct message. Please keep a lookout in your inbox here on the Roku Community for us to further assist you.

0 Kudos
Ckck808

I was just charged $156 today!! CANT GET THRU TO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! What Fkn subscription costs $156???? And before anyone asks, YES I LOOKED INTO MY LIST OF SUBSCRIPTIONS And there’s NOTHING in there that costs $156

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Ckck808 

If you've checked your Roku subscriptions page and nothing matches, then Roku isn't the one billing you. Before you object, let me give you some information you may not have. Have a seat. This will take a minute. And if you want to resolve your issue, you really should follow this.

When a financial institution gets payment card data submitted to them, there is a description that is essentially free text. It can say anything.

It's supposed to say who made the charge, and contact information about it. However, it can contain any information.

If a thief (no other way to describe them) obtains your payment card information, they can submit the information and fill out the text any way they want. They can put NASA, they can put Queen of England, they can put UNICEF, they can put Roku, they can put anything ... heck, they could put your name. In this case, they put Roku. They're thieves, so a lie on top of theft is kinda par for the course.

What likely happened is that someone compromised a system that had that your payment card information, and some thief (maybe the same person, maybe a different person) ended up with it. They submitted information and put Roku in the description.

Roku didn't do this. Some thief did and then lied about it.

From the Roku end, go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out what you can there.

On your end, report it as fraud to your financial institution. It's fraud. Your payment card has been compromised. You should focus on dealing with it as fraud, but be aware that Roku isn't the one taking your money. A lying thief is.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
tlori

Re: Charge on my account need NEED

Yes it is!!! Can't even find a way to send an email!! I have 2 charges for showtime in the same month!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@tlori wrote:

Yes it is!!! ...

Yes what is?

Did you go to the link I provided to check for subscriptions? Was there one there?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @tlori! We see you're having an issue with being charged twice for showtime. Since we will be covering some of your account details, we will be sending a direct message to you here on the Roku Community. Please keep a lookout for a message in your inbox for us to assist you further.

0 Kudos