Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto renew was off but charged anyway

Jump to solution

Was trialing Britbox via Roku.  I decided rather to initiate Britbox trial outside of Roku because I intend to keep it and don’t want to be tied down to Roku -  so independent of Roku.  But first I checked Roku to see if auto payment/renew was on.  It was positioned to not automatically renew.  So I then initiated my trial on Britbox.  Unfortunately Roku just charged me. Please refund my money.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Auto renew was off but charged anyway

Jump to solution

Hi, @CookieMickey.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you got charged after the free trial. No worries, we're here to help.

Here are the steps to cancel the subscription to avoid getting charged again:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go to My Subscriptions.
  3. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  4. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew
    Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and you will not be billed for it in the future.

For the refund, you may contact our Account and Billing team for further assistance. Visit our Account and Billing Support page and select the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You'll then have the option to call or chat with us.

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Auto renew was off but charged anyway

Jump to solution

Hi, @CookieMickey.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you got charged after the free trial. No worries, we're here to help.

Here are the steps to cancel the subscription to avoid getting charged again:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go to My Subscriptions.
  3. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel.
  4. Select Manage subscription and then select Turn off auto-renew
    Turning off auto-renew means you've canceled your subscription and you will not be billed for it in the future.

For the refund, you may contact our Account and Billing team for further assistance. Visit our Account and Billing Support page and select the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You'll then have the option to call or chat with us.

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos