Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
st8

roku remote and dievice wont connect

plug my roku into tv,,mot smart tv...and it comes on and is blinking blue.. but will not connect tpo my remote at all i cant getpast lets get started screen. my remote wont work. i have new batteries and i have reset device. theremote does not reset

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku remote and dievice wont connect

@st8 

What is the model number of the Roku device. (either look for sticker on device or on the box since you cannot get through setup).

Also, try plugging the device into wall power if you are currently plugged into the TV USB power port.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Hello. I'm having this same issue. I'm plugged into the wall. But it's on the Let's get started screen & the remote does NOTHING! 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ImNOTHappyHere,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your issue with your device. Have you successfully paired your remote? If none, you can press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

For further references, you can visit our support page.

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out!
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos