Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roman930

roku not working on wifi please help..

my roku randomly stopped working on my connected wifi which has excellent connection and is working perfectly fine on other devices (my phone and other rokus around the house) and i don’t know how to fix it so i can stream things? i looked at the wi-fi secret screen but have no idea how it works. can someone please help me understand what’s happening?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku not working on wifi please help..

Hi @roman930,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having trouble connecting to your home network. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

In addition, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
  • Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • How long have you been experiencing this problem?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • Did you make any changes to your connection recently?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos