Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jilliangrasis
Channel Surfer

roku not connecting to wifi or remote

I have 2 roku tvs, a hisense roku and a tcl roku. I moved to a new place either both of them and all of a sudden they are stuck on home screen no remote working and no way to connect to our new wifi. I’ve searched for hours what to do, i’ve reset it i’ve tried it at my friends house. Nothing is working, someone please help!  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: roku not connecting to wifi or remote

Hi @jilliangrasis
Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jilliangrasis
Channel Surfer

I have 2 roku tvs, a hisense roku and a tcl roku. I moved to a new place either both of them and all of a sudden they are stuck on home screen no remote working and no way to connect to our new wifi. I’ve searched for hours what to do, i’ve reset it i’ve tried it at my friends house. Nothing is working, someone please help!  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@jilliangrasis

Thanks for the response, 

If the remote is not working, you can try a few other steps to resolve the issue. First, try using a different remote if you have one available, as the remote may be faulty. If that doesn't work, try resetting the remote by removing the batteries, waiting for 10 seconds, and then putting the batteries back in. You may also try to restart your Roku TV by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in then try again.

For additional troubleshooting, you may also refer to this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I'd suggest contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further. And to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: Hisense Support and TCL Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Just to be sure - you're using actual remotes - not a remote app on a phone - right?  (apps on phones will not work until after you have your Rokus connected to the network.)

0 Kudos