Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muneca1970

network not listed after internet reboot

i had to reboot my internet and now the roku doesnt list my exact network name and none of the ones listed works. it has names close to mine and the old ones but none work with my password. what should i do?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: network not listed after internet reboot

It sounds like your router changed the wireless channel to one unsupported by Roku devices. On the 2.4 GHz radio, the channel number must be 1 through 11. If it changes to 12, 13 or 14, your Roku won't see it. For 5 GHz, the channel must be below 49 or above 148. The channels between those two numbers aren't visible on Roku devices. So log into your router and manually assign a channel for the wireless radios. 

It's also possible your ISP turned the 2.4 GHz radio off. For some unknown reason, some ISPs have been doing that, and if your Roku is a single band WiFi device, then it's not going to ever see your WiFi. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: network not listed after internet reboot

@Muneca1970 

The first thing to do is reboot the router again.  Then try a Network Connection Reset from your Roku device.

Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

---

If the Roku device still does not find your network, post back with Router model number, your ISP (internet service provider) and your Roku model number (found in Settings/System/About).

Will need to provide you some steps to check different settings for your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos