Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel-2006

how to enter a 64 character wireless network PW

Hi, I have just bought a 32" HD READY SHARP ROKU TV, and am unable to find/learn how to connect it wirelessly to my home network…without inputting the 63 characters using the remote. Can anyone be kind enough to let me know how this can be done either online or using the android mobile app?

Thanks in advance

PS I am 67 yrs old, and struggle with too tecky terminology, so keeping it simple for me will be appreciated

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to enter a 64 character wireless network PW

Sorry, there is no way to use any app (or anything else) until it's connected to your network.  If your TV has an Ethernet connector and you can connect it to your router via an Ethernet cable then you can use the mobile app and the keyboard on your phone, but otherwise you'll have to use the onscreen keyboard.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

A hyper-long password does not really improve security. Once you get beyond 16-32 characters, it is pretty much impossible to guess, especially if the text is more or less random and not words.

0 Kudos
Hannah2213

Swipe down from the top to expand the Notification Shade and tap on the “cog” icon, This opens the Settings panel. Step 2: Tap Connections. Step 3: Tap Wi-Fi. Step 4: Tap on the network's name.

0 Kudos