Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to roku from new shentel router.

Jump to solution

everything else in my house is connected such as phone, laptop, but i cannot get it paired up with my roku box for my tv!!.  I've already reset and put password etc-NOTHING IS WORKING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: connecting to roku from new shentel router.

Jump to solution

Hi, @susieorozco 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you have experienced with your Roku device's network connectivity, and we're here to assist. The first step we recommend is to restart your modem/router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging the power cord back in. 

Additionally, please ensure that your modem/router has an enabled dual-bandwidth open connection, which is 2.4GHz and 5GHz. We recommend trying to connect with each of the network bandwidths to see if you're able to connect, especially with the 2.4GHz, as some Roku devices are only a single band. If only one appears when searching for a network, you can reach out to your internet service provider, who can assist in changing the settings on your network.

Once all of this has been performed, test to see if your Roku device connects with your network. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: connecting to roku from new shentel router.

Jump to solution

Hi, @susieorozco 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you have experienced with your Roku device's network connectivity, and we're here to assist. The first step we recommend is to restart your modem/router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging the power cord back in. 

Additionally, please ensure that your modem/router has an enabled dual-bandwidth open connection, which is 2.4GHz and 5GHz. We recommend trying to connect with each of the network bandwidths to see if you're able to connect, especially with the 2.4GHz, as some Roku devices are only a single band. If only one appears when searching for a network, you can reach out to your internet service provider, who can assist in changing the settings on your network.

Once all of this has been performed, test to see if your Roku device connects with your network. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos