Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joewill55
Channel Surfer

both my roku ultras no longer connect to wired connection with my ethernet port connection.

i have  several devices connected wirelessly, and thru hard wire ethernet ports on my home network.  my 2 roku ultras  have worked fine connected to  ethernet port  in my home network for a couple years.. until yesterday.

it says cannot connect to  wired network all of a sudden. 

the port is active, i can plug in and connect my computer  to each port so the port is fine but the ultras  all of a sudden yesterday stopped working and won't connect.

both ultras will connect wirelessly, but  now won't connect to the wired network.

I also have a 3rd  roku, and it is an roku express, it is wireless only and continues to work fine.

what would cause my ultra's to both quit  connecting to my wired network all of a sudden?

Is it planned obsolescence?  the cables are fine, the network  works on other non ultra devices. I have narrowed it down to  the roku ultra boxes themselves.

they have worked fine for 2 years and  yesterday they both quit working on the wired network.

i have  rebooted everything, I have even done a  software update on the ultras, I even did a factory reset on the ultras but nothing gets them to  connect to wired network.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: both my roku ultras no longer connect to wired connection with my ethernet port connection.

Do you get any error codes/messages?  By "everything", I assume you're including all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) as well as eliminating any network switches.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
joewill55
Channel Surfer

Re: both my roku ultras no longer connect to wired connection with my ethernet port connection.

error 012

cannot connect ethernet cable.

i didn't try to eliminate the  8 port netgear switch.. since it all worked fine for 2 years before yesterday.

I have a modem into a  eero  router. router out to the netgear switch and   8  cat5 cables to 8 rooms in my house.

Thanks for your  help!

0 Kudos
joewill55
Channel Surfer

just  plugged my roku ultra directly into my router, bypassing  the netgear switch...still get error code 012

0 Kudos
renojim

It's times like these that it sure would be nice to know exactly what the error codes mean.  All we get is, "Error codes 012 and 013 are caused by ethernet cable issues."  The only other thing I can think of to try is a "Network connection reset" located under Settings->System->Advanced system settings if you haven't already.

joewill55
Channel Surfer

I have tried all that...

as I stated before, I   stand by my accusation   that the issue is "planned obsolescence". how they both can die on the same day whereas all other devices on the  network work fine no matter where I plug them in on whatever port further solidifies my argument.

0 Kudos
joewill55
Channel Surfer

And I can also submit there is a possibility that there was a roku update on both boxes on the  day that both quit working., where the update "disabled" the ports.

gee... update to the new box, that'll solve the problem.

0 Kudos
renojim

Have you tried a factory reset?  That's about all that's left.

0 Kudos
joewill55
Channel Surfer

yes, tried that

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.