Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NWebb1508

Have to reset my TCL roku tv every time I turn it on in order to connect to wifi

My tv (TCL 55S425 55” Roku smart TV) has worked fine for years but all the sudden it will not connect to any WiFi unless I go to settings, power, reset. When I try to go to network connections it just loads forever and freezes  

this is super inconvenient as I have to wait 3 minutes for my tv to reboot every single time I turn it on. 

I have reset WiFi settings, and even did a hard factory reset. This fixed the problem for a couple days but it’s right back where it started. Any advice?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Have to reset my TCL roku tv every time I turn it on in order to connect to wifi

@NWebb1508 

Likely will just need to wait for the reported update fix to address. (Roku has been less than forthright with what the actual is or expected release date.)

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-Roku-TV-Network-Connectio...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Have to reset my TCL roku tv every time I turn it on in order to connect to wifi

If you do not have "Fast TV start" enabled try turning it on.

Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Star

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.