Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonny0
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Will not Connect to Network after being Turned off

Jump to solution

Kash,

You just said "When the connection drops ...", but again that is NOT the problem.  The problem:

The Roku TV always makes the Wifi connection and keeps it, if the TV had a power restart (either thru the home menu, or re-plugging it's power cord).  But the Roku TV never makes a Wifi connection if using the remote control to power the TV on.   So obviously the TV software made a change a weeks ago regarding what the TV does when turned off by the remote, turned on by the remote control, or both.  The software programmers should be looking into what they changed in this area, and how this code is different from a power restart.

0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

He is exactly correct. The issue is when you turn the TV off and then go to cut it back on hours or days later initially there is no Wi-Fi connection.  At this point you must do a system restart for the TV to reconnect.  It is not losing connection while on but rather has no connection when you initially go to power it on.

0 Kudos
TCLTV55

TCL ROKU TV looses wifi connection every time it powers off

Jump to solution

Every time I turn off my TCL Roku TV (Model 55S525MAAA), it disconnects from wifi. I have to unplug it and replug it in to get the wifi connection to re-establish.

I have tried every Roku recommended suggestion to resolve the problem, including a factory reset, to no avail. I even had my internet provider come out to check my wifi connection with my modem and router.

With so many of us having the same issue, I am guessing there must be a bug in an "update". Someone, please address this and provide a workable solution, or I also will be joining those abandoning Roku. So sad, as all my TV's have Roku.

0 Kudos
Momof_2

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. Even tried to connect it with my hotspot and it wouldn’t work! 

0 Kudos
LEMG

Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution

My RokuTV started dropping wifi 2 weeks ago June 4th or 5th. Have tried everything from rebooting, a new router,( did not make a difference) I have Nighthawk , The new Router is ASUS but it did not make a difference so I went back to my Nighthawk, Spectrum came out and found no internet issues,  checking speed upload and download is Good. Nothing has changed for my internet, devices or usage. (Excellent) 1 gbps. Checked the plug in the wall which is perfect. No issues. Clearly a Roku issue. 

This is the only device that is dropping internet every 10 minutes non stop. This happens on all chanels, live streaming, all apps. This is fast to drop only stays on approx 10 minutes and then buffers and is off line. On screen a banner pops up "No internet connection Your device is not connected to the internet. Please make sure your connection is working". All other devices are working properly at the same time. I'm using wifi and approx 15-18 feet from the router. It has worked for several years with no issues. Model NS-39DR510NA17 . LCD TV Manufactured for Insignia. 

I appreciate your assistance. 6/16/2024 12:12 am

L

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate your post regarding the network issue you have encountered.

Kindly be advised that we are aware of the issue, and our team is currently working on it for further investigation. Once more updates have been acquired from the appropriate Roku team, we'll provide an update in this thread.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gobersa
Reel Rookie

Network Connection Reset Everytime the TV is Turned On

Jump to solution

Everytime my TCL Roku TV is powered on, it will not connected to the saved WiFi network. When going to the setting to connect to the network, the searching for networks pop-up will spin continuously and never load. Everytime, I will have to reset the network connection settings and reconnect to the network manually anytime I turn on the TV.

Wifi connection is fine, router has been restarted, the TV has been restarted, all other devices in the home can connect just fine to the wifi. 

Roku support was ZERO help.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We've heard reports from some of you experiencing issues with your Roku device or TV consistently dropping its internet connection. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we're here to help!

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, you can try these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the connection issue:

1. Restart Your Roku Device:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll down and select Settings.
  3. Choose System.
  4. Select Power (if available) followed by System restart.

2. Restart Your Modem and Router:

1. Unplug both your modem and router from the power outlet.
  2. Wait for 10 seconds and then plug them back in.
  3. Allow your modem and router to fully restart.
  4. Using another device like a phone or computer, confirm your internet connection is working.
  5. Once everything has restarted, try connecting your Roku device again.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

We understand this can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our team will be investigating this issue further with the information you provide. We'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress!

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gobersa
Reel Rookie

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution

Where do I send this information to?

0 Kudos
Shellybo1
Reel Rookie

Re: Wifi Not Connecting, always have to restart system

Jump to solution

Agreed, having same problem.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.