Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV drops network constantly

Jump to solution

Insignia and Roku put out a terrible product that drops wifi constantly. Even when I was wired with an Ethernet cable I would somehow lose network connection. Roku is garbage and their customer service matches their products. The fact they don’t have a chat option lets you know they know their products are trash but don’t want to deal with all the pissed off customers dealing with the same exact issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Internet connection with Roku only

Jump to solution

Hi @Bj53,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with your Roku device since it will not connect through your Wi-Fi. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What error message/code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (after entering the network credentials)
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ipineda

My Roku sharp tv will not connect to WiFi. Issue ID 78-242-699

Jump to solution

Issue ID 78-242-699

model 5317X-Roku TV

seriel 2N002K449178(7D47A2449178

0 Kudos
profkrowl

Re: Wifi Not Connecting, always have to restart system

Jump to solution

I also suspect the update. It only started around that time, and nothing seems to fix it. Tried resetting the driver's and chip, and even that didn't solve it. Only happening with the TV and no other devices. I did notice while on the secret menu that despite it showing not connected on the home screen, it was showing connected to my network on the secret menu. Did a system restart from the power menu and it works again until the next time I shut it down. Really frustrating, especially since the phone app is now worthless. Glad I still had my physical remotes, since I prefer them anyways. The phone is just convenient for when out toddler has misplaced the remotes. Hope they get this fixed in another update.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

Jump to solution

Hi, @nverdulla @Sarah726 

Thanks for the post.

We understand that you are having an issue establishing a wireless network. If the troubleshooting steps above did not resolve the issue, we'd like to ask for the information requested above this thread with the post marked as a solution. The information we gather will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope your response as we will work diligently on the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonny0
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

Jump to solution

Kash,

Are you going to split this issue back into the original two issues?   The title is now wrong for our issue.

After that is addressed, please post what info that you would like for this issue.

0 Kudos
Karen69
Reel Rookie

Re: My WiFi shows on available networks, but all of a sudden it’s not allowing me to connect.

Jump to solution

Exact same issue seems started with the last software update. 

0 Kudos
Ava1959

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

i have done that it still don't connect to wifi

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Kindly be advised that we have acknowledged the concern you have encountered, and our team is willing to help in resolving this issue. For us to work on it further, we'd like to request for more information.

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.

We hope to hear from you soon with the details requested for our team to work on and resolve the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bsullivan

Re: Wifi Not Connecting, always have to restart system

Jump to solution

ALL OF MY ROKU TV's (all 4 of them) in my house have not been connecting to the internet for a WEEK!  But my GOOGLE TV has NO PROBLEM connecting to the internet!  SO, THIS IS A ROKU PROBLEM.  NOT AN INTERNET PROBLEMPlease do an update to FIX THIS!  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.