Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshaS

Wifi Connection Issues on Mac

Hi,

My Roku has been doing this from the beginning but it's REALLY starting to annoy me. I use my Mac computer to share its internet connection via wifi. My devices other connect just fine, but for some reason Roku refuses to acknowledge my wifi password and won't connect unless I unlock the wifi. Not very safe! The signal strength is Exellent and I've tried restarting, unplugging everything, restarting computer, changing password. Nothing works! I'm pretty sure it's the original Roku streaming device, I don't have the box lol Help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi Connection Issues on Mac

You didn't specify what model Roku you are using. I don't know how the Mac works in sharing the Internet, but when I use the hotspot on my iPhone I have no problem connecting my Stick 4K+. Some Roku devices have issues with some access points, although most I have heard of were cable company modems, with the modems set to Mode G/N and the Roku required it to be set to B/G/N for some unknown reason. 

I don't know if the Mac has the same setting, but my iPhone has a setting labeled "Maximize Compatibility". It doesn't turn off security, but does enable some devices with connectivity issues to connect successfully. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.