Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin691

I use my phone as a hotspot for my TV I would like to screen cast my phone to my TV but it wont

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6E616D65
Roku Guru

Re: I use my phone as a hotspot for my TV I would like to screen cast my phone to my TV but it wont

Jump to solution

You can only cast from a phone on the same local network as the TV. That would be another phone connected to your hotspot just like the TV is. I know that the hotspot is a phone, but it's not a client on the network the TV is on, it's a gateway to the public internet for the local network that it provides for the TV, phones, and any other clients that may connect to it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
6E616D65
Roku Guru

Re: I use my phone as a hotspot for my TV I would like to screen cast my phone to my TV but it wont

Jump to solution

You can only cast from a phone on the same local network as the TV. That would be another phone connected to your hotspot just like the TV is. I know that the hotspot is a phone, but it's not a client on the network the TV is on, it's a gateway to the public internet for the local network that it provides for the TV, phones, and any other clients that may connect to it.