Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI-FI suddenly stopped working on Roku TV

My WiFi on the tv suddenly stopped working today. I have a Century Link router C400XG. I restarted everything, reset network connections, factory rest the tv, changed DHCP setting to enable special characters, made sure router was set to the right channel. And it still does not work. I also tried changing the password. It still says error 014 or Error 014.40

It will connect to my hotspot on my phone. It’s been working for the last year BTW.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: WI-FI suddenly stopped working on Roku TV

@MelissaElise 

1. Try using no password. (create a temporary open network).  In the alternative, create an open guest network on the 2.4ghz.  

2. C4000XG had a firmware update released about 6 mo ago. Verify you are using latest firmware. (https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/network-upgrades.html).  Basically just login to your router and look under "Utilities" to see if available.  Should be CGX008-01.03.78.00.

3. Try confirming the below settings in your router and make changes as necessary to reflect these. (Just keep note of what the original settings were to narrow down the issue.).

2.4 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n (Mixed Mode)
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 1 and 11 (preferably 1, 6 , or 11). Channels 12 and 13 are disabled through Roku Software, so manually setting a Channel will help mitigate issues caused by Auto Setting.

5.0 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to N/AC
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz or 20/40 mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 36-48 (low frequency band) or 149-161 (high frequency band). Roku cannot see or use channels 52-140 (DFS Channels) which an Auto Setting may be choosing. If your router allows you to Disable DFS Channels, then an Auto Setting may be used after successful troubleshooting.

Restart both your Router and Roku devices(s) after making the above changes.

-------

Post back with an update or if you need more help.  Verify that both an IP address and a MAC address is showing under Settings...Network...About.  (0.0.0.0 and 00:00:00:00:00:00 may indicate a hardware issue.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos