Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLJAMESFL
Reel Rookie

Re: Update error 004 over and over

Jump to solution

Had to restore yesterday, had to hold down the reset button down on the stick for 10 sec or until you see the restore screen. Hit continue and the update installed.

0 Kudos
Paul78

Trouble updating roku express get error code 004

Jump to solution

It says can't update software please try again later Error code 004 and there is hand and a wrist with a watch on what is Error code 004

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble updating roku express get error code 004

Jump to solution

@Paul78 

Error codes 001 - 005 indicate an update error.  Could be anything from a user's internet connection, to an issue with Roku's own servers. (the watch on the wrist means wait/try again later).

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, try connecting your Roku device to that and performing the update request.  Otherwise, try restarting all your network equipment (modem, router, extenders, etc) and also reboot your Roku. (either pull the power plug for a min, or go to Settings/System/System Restart, or Settings/System/Power/System Restart depending on Roku model).

A little basic info regarding the update errors is contained in the following Roku Support article. (https://support.roku.com/en-au/article/115002796148)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Davidsfj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Eu tenho o mesmo problema, no meu caso, só carrega 2% da instalação e aparece o erro 004, não consigo mais instalar os aplicativos da TV, pois quando formatei, todos foram apagados e para instalar novamente, o sistema faz a busca por novas atualizações e não segue, pois fica o processo para neste erro.

Não consegui suporte da fabricante da TV (AOC), o jeito será levar numa assistência técnica e gastar...

0 Kudos
Davidsfj
Reel Rookie

Re: Trouble updating roku express get error code 004

Jump to solution

Tenho o mesmo problema e nada funciona...

Restauração de fábrica, reset pelo botão da TV, outra rede, nada...

Não tive suporte da fabricante da TV (AOC) e estou procurando em fóruns da internet para ver se alguém pode me ajudar.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Davidsfj,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we only support English in the Roku Community. We had to use Google Translate to understand your inquiry.
To help you with your concern, try to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network connection, like a mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
losethe_ads
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What a cop-out to blame the internet service provider for a bug.

Thank you FLJAMESFL for actually providing me with a solution that worked. Now I have to re-sign in to all my apps. Uggghh.

0 Kudos
Ukdaveyboy

Jump to solution

I've been having this problem. I went into setting and turned off the bandwidth saver and this seemed to work in getting it past the error message and updating. 

MercadianMaster
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree. The article "https://support.roku.com/en-au/article/115002796148" is 100% blaming us. Nope, I did the recovery, it worked. Soooo, it's a bug.

0 Kudos
RedBaron1

Jump to solution

Same issue for me. I’ve tried rebooting, different network, rebooting my network. Gets to 100% then error 004 and just nothing after that.