Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Row0707

Unable to update WiFi password on Roku Express

After updating the password on my Wi-Fi network, I'm unable change it on my Roku Express. My wifi network continues to show as an "open" network and I can't find a way to change it. After doing a Reset Network Connection it still tries to use the old password. I don't want to do a Factory Reset as I'll lose all the apps that are installed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Row0707

Change Wi-Fi password on Roku screen

That "just for giggles" fix doesn't work for me. Even after doing a network connection reset it's not giving me the option to update the password for my home network. I don't want to do a factory reset and lose all the apps I've got installed. What next?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to update WiFi password on Roku Express

When you say "Reset Network Connection", I assume you mean a "Network connection reset" found under Settings->System->Advanced system settings.  I just tried it and it definitely asks me for a password when I try to connect again.  Does it just skip the step of asking for a password because it thinks it's an "open" network?

I think you should investigate why it's showing up as an open network.  If you scan for networks on your phone or computer does the network show up with a padlock?

A Factory Reset doesn't get rid of all your apps as long as you link back to the same Roku account since installed apps are tied to the Roku account and not the Roku device.  You may have to log into a bunch of apps again and they'll all show up in a new order on your Home Screen.  I agree that a Factory Reset should be the last resort.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos