My 75 inch just started the no wireless, it is less than 30 days from Walmart, I started the return tonight, maybe Roku will step up with a fix or not, I’m done with them, good luck to all
I am connected to my router wirelessly (excellent signal strength) but it says there is no internet connection whenever I try to run an app. What gives????? Model 4400x, S/N YY004T986539. I tried restarting device also, no change. Device was working fine a week or so ago, but not now. Weird!!
Please edit your post and remove your email address. Scammers troll these forums looking for targets.
I suggest using the Network Connection Reset option in the settings menu to clear all saved networking info. You'll then have to reconnect to your router and enter the passcode. Sometimes those settings get corrupted and a reset will clear them. This reset does not change anything else on your Roku, so nothing else will need attention afterwards. Just do NOT do the factory reset, or you will have to set it up from scratch. But on the bright side, that does clear the network settings as well... 😄
No change...it shows it's connected to network with excellent signal, but when I start any app, it says no internet connection.
Rats. It was worth a shot...
Since it does have an Ethernet jack, you could try a wired connection to make sure that something within the Roku hasn't gone totally bonkers.
Thanks for the posts.
As stated in my previous posts:
1) If you are having issues with connecting to your wireless network, we would strong recommend first taking a look at our Support page for troubleshooting steps here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device
2) If you are having issues with a Roku Express or Roku Premiere device, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. This is commonly overlooked and not checked.
3) If you are having issues connecting to your wireless network and are only able to connect to once the device is in the same room as your router, this would point to a router wireless strength issue.
If you are still experiencing issues connecting to your wireless network, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- If you have a Roku Express/Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
If you have followed all of the above troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing your issue, feel free to send me a PM with: your Roku account email address, the Roku model number, and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.
This is supremely embarrassing, but I feel obligated to share that in my case, this problem was user error. I had blocked the Roku from my router to keep my daughter from watching TV and then forgot it was blocked. Once I unblocked it, everything worked fine. I'm not saying the others on this forum aren't having legitimate problems with their devices, but mine was all my fault.
Good luck to everyone! I hope you and Roku can solve your problems and prevent more people from continuing to enrich Jeff Bezos.
Everyone has those moments. Unfortunately, my issue is definitely not user error. I wish it were LOL. It was working yesterday afternoon and then crapped out on both my Rokus. Everything else I own is perfectly fine connecting to my WiFi. lol
I am having similar issues to everyone else. My roku will no longer connect to any network. I tried several options and it will not connect to any of them.
last week the sound went out completely so I had to restart the device, this week it logged me out of some of my streaming accounts and then today I find that I cannot connect to any network. I have perfect internet connection, my device sits next to the router and was able to connect on several other devices. I have had my roku connected to the same wifi network without any issues for the past 5 months. Clearly there is something wrong with the device. My roku is not that old so these issues should not be occurring. Any thoughts on who to speak to or how to resolve this?