Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamangar

Streaming Stick - Will connect fine at home. Will not connect at work.

I have a streaming stick with the voice remote, which I used on a small TV in my "man cave" for several years during Covid. Haven't really used it down there for the last year or so, and it seemed like a waste, so I was looking for other places to make use of it. I am a teacher, and thought maybe I could hook it up to my projector to be able to stream materials, or cast from computer to it. Checked it out at home, replaced the batteries in my remote, etc... and it ran an update and worked fine. Brought it into my school classroom, and it scans and shows 2 networks (excellent strength), but I can't get to the point of entering a password. It will spin for a while and return an error message... Unable to connect to wireless network Error 014.

Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick - Will connect fine at home. Will not connect at work.

There's something on your work network that is blocking access. They might be using MAC filtering, or perhaps some setting that is incompatible with the Roku WiFi radio. Your local IT support at work would be the first place to check with.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick - Will connect fine at home. Will not connect at work.

@hamangar-

In addition to the reply from @atc98092 ...

When you speak with IT, pass this on to them, in case it applies:

ROKU LOCATES NETWORK AND REPORTS NETWORK QUALITY BUT CANNOT CONNECT

Some router updates have changed the router's connection settings on the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to just g/n, causing Rokus connecting to the 2.4 GHz wifi band to lose their ability to connect to the network.  The solution is to set the router's configuration back to using b/g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos