Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedupwithdevice
Reel Rookie

Streambar loses connectivity daily - doing "Chip reset and driver reload" is temp fix

Jump to solution

I have a Streambar (model 9102R) that often loses its network connectivity about once a day.  Resetting the device will restore network connectivity, but if I go to the secret network menu (Home button x5, then Up/Down/Up/Down/Up) and select the "Chip reset and driver reload" option, I also get my network connectivity back.  Is that a sign of the underlying problem?  It seems like a firmware or software issue if resetting the device or chip gets restores its WiFi capabilities.

This problem started a few months ago, and I'm just now getting around to report it, since I've gotten tired of waiting for a software update to fix this while putting up with the temporary fix. The current software version shows as 12.0.0, build 4184-95.

I also have an original Soundbar (model 9101X) that does not have this problem at all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar loses connectivity daily - doing "Chip reset and driver reload" is temp fix

Jump to solution

Hi @fedupwithdevice,

Applause here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us here, and we acknowledge your concern regarding your Roku Streambar connectivity issue. Let us help you with this, and as a start, you can follow the troubleshooting steps provided below.

1. Restart your Router/Modem.
  2. Restart the network settings on your Roku by navigating to Settings > System > Advance System Settings > Network Connection Reset. Then, reconnect your Roku streaming device to your network once again.
  3. Try another network such as a mobile hotspot or another network to see if it's able to detect higher internet speed.
  4. (LAST OPTION) Factory Resetting your Roku Streambar. This will remove your information in your Roku Streambar, and you'll need to set it up once again once you've factory reset it. For more information on how to perform this, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar loses connectivity daily - doing "Chip reset and driver reload" is temp fix

Jump to solution

Hi @fedupwithdevice,

Applause here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us here, and we acknowledge your concern regarding your Roku Streambar connectivity issue. Let us help you with this, and as a start, you can follow the troubleshooting steps provided below.

1. Restart your Router/Modem.
  2. Restart the network settings on your Roku by navigating to Settings > System > Advance System Settings > Network Connection Reset. Then, reconnect your Roku streaming device to your network once again.
  3. Try another network such as a mobile hotspot or another network to see if it's able to detect higher internet speed.
  4. (LAST OPTION) Factory Resetting your Roku Streambar. This will remove your information in your Roku Streambar, and you'll need to set it up once again once you've factory reset it. For more information on how to perform this, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fedupwithdevice
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It looks like that helped!  It's been at least a week since I factory reset my Roku Streambar, and I haven't had a random network disconnect since then.  Does anyone have a theory as to what may have happened?  I'm just curious in case anyone else has this problem and comes across this post in the future.

Incidentally (and hopefully, it's coincidental), since I reset it, I've had at least two times where my Roku seemingly froze up in the middle of a video playing (once was during an Amazon Prime Video, and I can't remember the other). The video kept playing fine, but the remote became unresponsive and I had to forcefully reboot it by unplugging it.  Hopefully, those were just one-offs and not related to my original issue.

0 Kudos