Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcarter
Channel Surfer

Spectrum app keeps buffering

Jump to solution

My Spectrum app keeps buffering.  My wireless is rated at 200 Megs per second but my Roku stick says that it’s only receiving 47 Megs per second and it’s making my Spectrum app buffer a lot.  What can I do to remedy the situation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smcarter
Channel Surfer

Re: Spectrum app keeps buffering

Jump to solution

I called the cable company to get to the root of the problem.  It seems that the problem was on their end.  They reset the modem and the problem was solved.  Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @smcarter,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you alerting us to the buffering problems you're experiencing when trying to access the Spectrum channel.

We'll need more details to isolate this case more effectively.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting and what didn't help?
  • Does connecting your device to a hotspot work?

Additionally, we advise you to check out the extra troubleshooting offered by our support website here: How can I fix problems with channel playback?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smcarter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I started seeing the issue occur 3 days ago.  I reset the modem and the router and that didn't help.  I deleted the app and reloaded it and that didn't help.  I did not connect it to a hotspot.  The other apps I have on my stick all seem fine.  I tried watching the spectrum app this morning and I still got buffering.

0 Kudos
smcarter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also reset the connection on my stick but that didn't help either.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@smcarter,

Thanks for the update and for sharing additional information.

We would also like to know if this buffering issue happens across all the content on the Spectrum channel.

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smcarter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The buffering is on all content on the Spectrum app.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @smcarter,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link, videos from other channels play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact them here: Spectrum Support.

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smcarter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I called the cable company to get to the root of the problem.  It seems that the problem was on their end.  They reset the modem and the problem was solved.  Thanks for your assistance.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.