Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SonicWall SonicOS Web Management Interface Stack Buffer Overflow threat

I had some guests who used my wifi. I continually get alerts that a threat is hitting both my rokus.

I phoned my wifi carrier and the tech said she'd have to advance my request to a technician and gave me a ticket #. He called back and it sounded like he was researching this threat. (I don't have this threat attacking any other wifi-enabled devices -- only roku).

He said to contact roku as it's something related to their device as it doesn't affect others. (My wifi has been blocking this; but it's increasing at attempts).

Just finished a chat with Shree on roku. She said to contact wifi carrier (why does everyone point the finger at someone else?) I was surprised I couldn't find this threat via a search.

Anyone else? If so, what did you do?

Thanks much!

Can't seem to post a pic here of the detailed message.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: SonicWall SonicOS Web Management Interface Stack Buffer Overflow threat

When I search for this, the results I find are basically what I would expect from the name – it’s an attack on the SonicWall SonicOS Web Management Interface.

I wouldn’t expect an ISP or Roku to really know or care about such a thing.  At most they’d probably suggest making sure your SonicWall is patched for that vulnerability. (ie: firmware up to date.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
Billyj542

Re: SonicWall SonicOS Web Management Interface Stack Buffer Overflow threat

Do you know which app they was using. I've been getting this and have narrowed it down to the fawesome app. 

0 Kudos