Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku stick won't play anything

Any app I try to get into (Hulu, Disney+, Roku TV, etc) will not play anything. I get errors from each of the respective apps. I'm able to login to them, just not play anything. I've had the stick for roughly 2 weeks and haven't had any issues until this. 

I've reset the internet as well as system reset the Roku stick, but it's still not working. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stick won't play anything

Hello! @jerettschrader,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your contacting us regarding your Roku Streaming Stick not playing anything. We're pleased to assist.

Your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system allows you to stream audio and video from the Internet. For this to work, your Roku device must maintain a good connection to your network and the Internet. You can check the quality of this connection from the Settings menu on your Roku device at any time.

Use the following steps to check your network connection. If your Roku device is not connected to your network, first you must select Set up connection to connect to your network and the internet.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Check connection

Your device will check available networks, network connections, and internet connections. A green check mark will appear to the left of each successful connection. When the test is complete, you will see a pop-up with connection results.

You can access and review the results of the most recent connection check by visiting Settings > Network > About.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.